The Dermveda Network includes the websites LearnSkin.com, Dermveda.com, IntegrativeSkinSymposium.com, and Skintegrative.com (the "Dermveda Sites") and the Dermveda mobile device applications (the “Dermveda Apps” and, together with the Dermveda Sites, the “Dermveda Network”)
Information Dermveda Collects
Dermveda Newsletters and Emails
At registration and at various times as you use the Dermveda Network, you may be given the option of providing us with Personal Information in order to receive recurring email newsletters that Dermveda will produce from time to time. If you sign up for our email newsletters, you can choose to opt out of receiving additional newsletters from Dermveda either by (1) following the directions included at the bottom of the newsletter or (2) logging in to your Dermveda Network account and unchecking the newsletters you no longer wish to receive under the “My Profile” section.
Emailing and Tweeting At Contacts
Dermveda offers its users the chance to communicate with their contacts through a variety of social media tools directly through the Dermveda Network. If you use the Dermveda Network to email a contact, we will ask you for your name, your email address, and your contact’s email address. We will automatically send your contact a one-time email, inviting her or him to visit the site. That email will use your name and email address as the “from” email address. But Dermveda does not use your contact’s email information for any other purpose. We will only use the information you provide to send the requested email to your contact.
If you use the Dermveda Network to tweet at a contact, we will ask you for your name, your Twitter® handle, and the Twitter® handle of your contact. We will automatically send your contact a one-time tweet inviting her or him to visit the site. That tweet will use your name and Twitter® handle as the “from” information. Dermveda does not use your contact’s Twitter® information for any other purpose. We will only use the information you provide to send the requested tweet to your contact.
Emails You Send to Dermveda
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted") on public areas of the Dermveda Network, or transmitted to other users of the Dermveda Network or third parties (collectively, “User Content”). Your User Content are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although [we may limited access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your Dermveda Network account], please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Dermveda Network with whom you choose to share your User Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Even if you do not register with or provide any Personal Information to Dermveda, we may collect Non-Personal Information, as defined below, about your use of the Dermveda Network. “Non-Personal Information” means information that Dermveda cannot use to identify or contact you. Dermveda may also acquire Non-Personal Information about its users from external sources. While you may use some of the functionality of the Dermveda Network without registration, many of the specific tools and services on the Dermveda Network require that you register an account with the Dermveda Network.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Most browser software can be set to reject Cookies. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject Cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our Cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of the Dermveda Network may not work properly, but you do not have to accept our Cookies in order to productively use the Dermveda Network.
Non-Personal Information Collected by Third Parties Not Acting on Dermveda’s Behalf
User Choices: Updating and Removing Personal Information
If you have registered an account with the Dermveda Network and desire to delete any of your Personal Information you have provided to Dermveda from our systems please contact us using the contact information listed below. Upon your request, Dermveda will delete your Personal Information from our active databases and where feasible from our back-up media. You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to the Dermveda Network from our servers.
How Dermveda Uses Your Information
Dermveda uses information that it collects about you or that you provide to Dermveda, including any Personal Information:
- To administer your account.
- To provide you with access to particular tools and services.
- To send personalized emails or secure electronic messages pertaining to your health interests, including news, announcements, reminders, and opportunities from Dermveda.
- To respond to inquiries you send to us and to send you communications about the Dermveda Network or its services.
- To obtain your feedback about the Dermveda Network or our offerings.
- To statistically analyze user behavior and activity including how frequently areas of the site are visited and how many emails are received and opened.
- To provide you and people with similar demographic characteristics and interests with more relevant content or advertising both on the Dermveda Network or on other websites that you visit after you leave the Dermveda Network.
- To conduct research and measurement activities, including those described below.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to the Dermveda Network or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information, or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Research and Measurement Activities
Information that Dermveda collects about you may be combined by Dermveda with other information available to Dermveda through third parties for research and measurement purposes, including measuring the effectiveness of content, advertising, or programs. This information from other sources may include age, gender, demographic, geographic, personal interests, product purchase activity, or other information. We may report aggregate information, which is not able to be identified back to an individual user of the Dermveda Network, to our current or prospective advertisers and other business partners.
We do not sell or share any Personal Information with any third parties, except that contractors performing services on our behalf may be provided access to Personal Information when performing these services. These contractors agree not to use this information for any purpose other than performing services on our behalf.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dermveda, our customers, or others.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Dermveda’s assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Dermveda about the users of the Dermveda network is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may share Non-Personal Information that we have about you, including about your browsing activity on the Dermveda Network, with third party advertising service providers who may use this information, on our behalf, to help Dermveda deliver advertising on the Dermveda Network as well as on other sites on the Internet.
How Does Dermveda Secure and Retain Your Information?
Dermveda takes reasonable security measures to protect the security of your Personal Information. Despite Dermveda’s efforts to protect your Personal Information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the Internet may be intercepted.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. When you enter Personal Information in various tools on the Dermveda Network, we encrypt the transmission of that information or use SSL connections (Secure Socket Layer) technology.
Dermveda will retain your Personal Information as long as your account is active or needed to provide you services. At any time you can remove your Personal Information or instruct us to remove it. However, you should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to Dermveda from our servers. Dermveda tools that collect and store Personal Information allow you to review, update, and/or correct information you have submitted by going back to the specific tool, logging-in, and making the desired changes. We will also retain your Personal Information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Children Under the Age of 13
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The Dermveda Network is not designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to personal information we may collect from children on our sites and applications. Some of the features on the Dermveda Network are age-gated so that they are not available for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with those features. When we intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parents about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information.
- In accordance with applicable law, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children.
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity.
- Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted.
Contacting Dermveda About Your Personal Information or Privacy
You can also contact Dermveda’s privacy office at:
PO Box 162351
Sacramento, CA 95816
Last updated: January 6, 2018